In India, a tea maker is known as a Chaiwala, and so once you brew this tea you become a Masala Chaiwala!
Masala Chai is a style of Indian tea that combines a black tea base with a variety of herbs and spices. Originally these blends were part of Ayurvedic medicine, but today have become well loved staples for many tea drinkers across the globe.
Our delicious blend combines an organic Indian black tea with organic ginger, organic cinnamon, organic cardamom, and organic cloves to create a delicious and warming brew. Traditionally, milk and sugar is added to the tea to create a sweet, creamy cup of deliciousness. Because of the warming nature of the spices, this is a great tea to drink in the Wintertime and the cold weather!
- Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil, between 205-212F.
- Add 2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener (we suggest something natural and organic rather than a chemical sweetener.)
- When the sweetener is dissolved in the boiling water, slowly add 2 tablespoons of Masala Chaiwala. (If you go too fast, the water and tea will boil over and make a mess, plus you'll lose all that great tea!)
- Boil together for approximately 5 minutes.
- Slowly Add 1 cup of whole milk (or your favorite milk substitute) and bring the entire mixture to a boil again.
- Remove from heat immediately so that it doesn't boil over.
- Strain into your favorite cups, and enjoy!
(You can also let it cool down and enjoy this as a cold brew)