The legends surrounding Longjing tea are numerous and beautiful. Also known as Dragon Well tea, it has been well regarded and sought after since the Qing Dynasty. Today it is the most popular green tea in all of China, and has earned its place among the list of "China Famous Teas."
The best Longjing tea is the 1st picking of the season that occurs early in the Spring and is known as Pre-Qingming. These 1st pickings contain all of the nutrients and sugars that the plant has been storing all winter, and offers a flavor unlike any other.
Our Mountain Dragon tea comes from Shi Feng Shan, or Lion's Peak Mountain, home to the original Longjing Tea bushes. It was handpicked and hand processed by Mrs. Li Xiaoping, who has been picking tea since she was 5 years old! The love and dedication that goes into making this tea is exceptional, and we are very lucky to have gotten some.
We only have 200 grams available and once it is gone, there wont be any more until next year.
If you love Green Tea, don't miss out on this rare and special opportunity to taste some of the best in the world!
Brewing Tip: For the best experience of this tea, brew it in a tall glass as follows.
- Pour some hot water (80-85 celsius)into the glass to warm it up, then pour it out.
- Add your tea leaves into the warmed glass.
- Gently pour 80-85 degree water over the leaves, just enough to cover them all.
- Let brew for about 1 minute, then fill the rest of the glass.
- Wait 1-2 minutes and enjoy watching the tea leaves float up and down.
- Drink and enjoy.
- Repeat this process and enjoy multiple infusions throughout the day.